CORPORATE LAW PRACTICE (NLS)
The course provides an overview of the formation and operation of business enterprises in Nigeria. The various types of businesses including but not limited to sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies etc are considered with their respective business incorporation requirement explored. Students will be introduced to the advantages and disadvantages of each form of business enterprise, operation, and dissolution of these business entities. At the conclusion of the course, students will understand how to complete relevant corporate forms, including articles of incorporation, minutes of directors’ meetings, and directors’ written consent actions.
- 1. To guide the students on the processes of registering different types of business and non-business organizations, noting the necessity for taking appropriate instruction and complying with the rules and procedures for registration.
- 2. To guide the students on how best to represent the interest of different parties in business/non business organizations & commercial transactions, according to the needs of the clients and requirements of the applicable law/rules.
- 3. To enable the students appreciate the effective handling of the functions of Company Secretary, particularly in respect of Company meetings, filing of Statutory Returns and acting as Legal Adviser and rendering legal opinion on compliance by the organization with relevant laws
- 4. To acquaint the students with the essence of entrenching corporate governance and responsibilities in corporate management.
- 5. To expose the students to the challenges of modern corporate law practice in respect of corporate amalgamation, restructure, liquidation and company securities as well as capital market practices and corporate dispute resolution.
This course is designed to be flexible and responsive to the student needs. Hence students are encouraged to go through the course at their own pace. Additionally, this course is organised into topics with related course materials (i.e. short interactive videos, course handouts, case law, statutes, articles, case studies e.t.c).
This course is also robustly supported by requisite support activities including but not limited to multiple choice and scenario based questions, real-time communal interaction via our in-course chartrooms and related performance assessment analytics towards ensuring optimum user engagement/experience.
- Lectures 18
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Certificate No
- Assessments Self